have you ever been in a rush – and you needed to cook something quick?…well if you’re busy like the kenmeister general is on most days…then recipes like this come in handy. I like to call this the “BOMB.COM BIRD” – NO, the chicken does not contain any ingredients that you would find in a bomb….but you will explode in pure, unfiltered emotions on how awesome the chicken tastes.
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Take some chicken (who cares how much? I know i don’t)
3. Season it with whatever season you like…just don’t over do it – but make sure you use some garlic powder…I would normally use freshly pressed garlic – but right now we don’t have time to be fancy. – so shut up and follow the instructions.
4. GET SOME ITALIAN DRESSING! – pour as much as you want over the chicken…the more the better! (any left over salad dressing you may have – I highly advise that you use it for a salad…please don’t drink it.)
5. Put it in the oven – get it out in an hour.
6. Eat it with other stuff.
**please note – you can use a balsamic vinaigrette as well**
so – recently moved to escondido…love the east grove area…although most San Diegans would say I lived really far…I really don’t. I love the fact there are so many stores and stuff with in frisbee throwing distance – but even with great stores and a lot of business around here, I have been severely disappointed in the food places I’ve gone to.
1. Farmer Boys Burgers: they served us what seemed to be vomit in a bread bowl with a burnt lid – and a salad that looked like they snatched it from the bottom of a lawn mower that was cutting a yard that filled with nasty salad ingredients — FIRED!
2. Star House: Walked into this quaint chinese food joint and the older lady that worked there basically escorted me to the counter. Her customer service and willingness was cool – but that doesn’t justify having enough hair in my food for me to sow a lace-front together while I’m eating… – – NO, I SHAN’T
3. Alberto’s: The beef inside my burrito was of a consistency unlike any meat that I had seen – but…because I’m stupid, i ate it…hunger will do that – i think it was either zombie meat or New Zealand human meat…i got food poisoning and hated life for 7 whole days – – I WAS NOT PREPARED.
so….yeah – im kind of over these establishments out here.
My buddy Mike challenged me to try this Paleo diet for 30 days…so I’m about to start this venture and see where it takes me – hopefully it will assist (along with a good physical training regiment) with destroying the saturn ring around my mid-section. The graphic above gives you the likeness of the diet but not the fullness – to learn more about this ‘way of life’ eating – visit www.nomnompaleo.com – >>>>>
unfortunately you will have to suffer through update pix from the sexy man himself…
have a nice evening –
Ladies and Gents – just wanted to share this cooking joint with you….
I was in a creative mood the other day and recalled a conversation I was having with a friend that affectionately call “Korn” – and he’s a TexMex guy so he threw out some story about how he would just demolish corn that was prepared a certain way….I called him while creating art in the kitchen and asked him for the recipe and he shared it – so I share it with you in hopes that you try it and enjoy…..thanks Korn!
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chili Powder
Mix in a bowl – cut the corn from the cob (i had already boiled it), and then put in skillet – place the mixture in the with the corn on a high temp – fry it enough where the parmesan melts…
Put in bowl
Then mentally thank Korn for the corn.
Hope you enjoy – godspeed…
I would make a video and show you all how to do it – but it’s sooooo simple that I feel like I would be insulting what little intelligence you have. (yeah – that just happened)
All you need is: Brisket (trimmed) / EVOO / Rosemary / Pepper and of course BROWN SUGAR!!!
****Rub the brisket down with the EVOO and then season it with pepper and rosemary – then coat it in brown sugar…one, nice coating.
***Then place in slow-cooker on low – depending on how your slow cooker works and what the settings are – put it on the lowest setting and let that baby cook!
**You’ll know it’s done when you can take 2 forks and shred the brisket – – add a little BBQ sauce of your choice – not too much though you don’t want the sauce to be the boss – but you want it to accent this masterpiece.
*then commence your pigging out – slobbering at the table, and thinking about me the whole time.
*If you try this quick and easy recipe and like – please hit me up and let me know what you think!
Here’s a recipe that will put you to sleep right where you sit. Every single time I make this the rhythmic sounds of snoring fill the air – seemingly orchestrated by a composer. Now the key to this cheating recipe is to go ahead and purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local friendly grocery store – that’ll save you a lot of time…although taking your time and picking all of the meat off of the bones can prove nerve-wrecking for those like me that contend with A.D.D!
All you need is the following:
3 – Chicken Bouillon cubes / 1 Rotisserie Chicken / Carrots (chopped) / Celery (chopped) / Sage / Thyme / 2 Bay Leaves / Basil / Fresh crushed Garlic / Sea Salt / Black Pepper / Butter Noodles / Butter / Baking Powder / Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (yes, I know)
1. Put a little water in a pot…when the water starts to boil drop your cubes in there.
2. Add more water once dissolved and then add your butter.
3. Add your veggies (carrots and celery) – and also add all of your seasonings, add your bay leaves as well – season to your taste – I prefer robust flavor – the soup needs to speak for itself – Dig me?
4. Now add all of that chicken that you’ve pulled from the bone – try not to do what I do and eat the chicken…lol one day I was so hungry i made a chicken sandwich on the side
5. Let the soup come to a slow boil – taste it! – add more seasoning if you have to –
6. Add the butter noodles – let it cook for about 10 more minutes and then add a pinch of baking powder to thicken the broth
7. Eat – …..make sure you get enough Hawaiian Sweet rolls –
8. Sleep –
9. wake up and email me to tell me if you liked it or not –
***you will notice I did not give measurements – i don’t cook using them – because I’m the man.